Friday, February 18, 2011

WEEK 6 BOC: Ron Galella

Ron Galella has been sued, punched, verbally abused and soaked with a hose. These are just some of the occupational hazards for celebrity photojournalists.
1 He is the first to capture the essence of what a paparazzi should be. He keeps he photos very real and surreal with all the celebrities he has taken over the course of his photojournalism years. He came to situations where Jacki Onassis took him to court for invading her privacy especially her children. He even was socked in the lower chin breaking some of his teeth by Marlon Brando for asking him to take off his shades. He is everywhere and in any place to capture the real life of the celebrities every chance he gets. I would emulate him by capturing someone sitting and drinking coffee, and chatting on their cell phone at a coffee sandwich shop. . I would capture that person from behind a post only several feet away and keep snapping my shots until I am satisfied with what I have. I would make it during the day because that is usually the time that this person would go and have her breaks, somewhere clos to her house. Somewhere to a place where she is more or less comfortable doing her daily routine. I would make sure she does not see me or even mind me being there. It is the most golden part of the day when the sun has its morning glow and the air is cool. I want her to be in her most relaxed moment yet thinking at the same time. I would like to capture her drinking her coffee at the same time on her phone. Other times texting. I will get different angle to achieve the best angled shot. She will be in her moment of peace as well when I capture her as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment