Friday, February 18, 2011

WEEK 5 BOC: Painting With Light


The painting with light was hard in itself because it was during the day instead of the night which would make it easier. I used a flash to punch out some light for the camera to capture at certain timed lapses. I used this flash because I think it would give it that spark that draws the eyes to the certain parts of the photo. I used Ingo’s art work because I think the his work draws your attention and the blue helps with the blue in the flash. I wanted to create a work that would make this photo stand out. I timed it at about twelve seconds so that it would be just right and not too bright from the surrounding lights. Of course I used myself in this because so to give the photo that character that someone was there in its presence. The star shaped light coming out of the flash is making the photo be part of the whole of the art. I like the way she is looking and posing with the flash to make it look like she posed for the shot. The surrounding lights help to make Ingo’s work stand out from the wall. I chose this work because it was a different type of mood. It sends that mood where you want to give it that extra boost with something like painting with light. The blue makes it stand out from the offwhite of the wall. The light from the flash was perfect to give it dimension and surreal affect on this photo. I wanted to make this a awe struck quality in a room with photos such as this one. I am part of it where I was there to give it that surreal feel and ghostly affect. For that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment