Friday, February 18, 2011

WEEK 4 BOC: Wedding Photo


The rings are from my family. They are both similar the man and the womans. I shot them next to each other with one on top of the other to show the that glimmer in the gold and diamonds insets in them. I used the tungsten lighting to make the yellow show out of the gold of the rings. I used a black velvet cloth to keep the light from bouncing off the surface anywhere so that it is only showing the roundness of the rings and the yellowness of the gold. I wanted to keep these two the center focus just by using the black velvet. The velvet also keeps things in sharp focus. I want the audience to look at the these two rings and have their own meaning. I put them up to each other so that it shows that they are equal but one shows more character than the other.The sunlight works best when showing the sparkle in the diamonds. I like to show the sparkle because that is what I want in focus. The sparkle helps to dignify the rings and give it character. I did them one of top of the other but they seem to be too flat so I brought them up to give them dimension and more roundness and gold. The gold around it make the ring more interesting and gives it that glimmer for draw the eye up to the area where they join and be looking that the diamonds. The flow from bottom to top to give it that dignity and show that these two are the same and different on the same level. These two interesting because each one are made different. If you look closely some of the diamonds sparkle and are bigger that the ones on the other rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment